Roswell International Air Center is a point of pride for our community, and certainly an asset for anyone who does business here.
We have daily direct flights to Dallas and Phoenix through American Airlines, a nice convenience for leisure and business travelers alike.
But it’s businesses that have the most to gain from this municipal airport that is unlike any other in the country. It can handle any type of cargo you care to receive or deliver.
Roswell International Air Center was formerly Walker Air Force Base, the largest strategic air command base ever built. It’s where the Enola Gay was based, and up until the 1970’s, it held the distinction of having the longest runway in the Northern Hemisphere.
The runway is 13,000 feet long and the Air Center has a dedicated FAA tower. Basically, you can land anything here.
And it’s getting better. In 2017, Roswell International Air Center received $30 million in funding for capital improvements to the facility.
With air freight expected to double in the next five years, Roswell International Air Center is prepared for the growth that we know is on the horizon.
Roswell International Air Center Quick Facts
- FAA Dedicated Air Traffic Control Tower
- Aggressive Tax Incentives
- No New Mexico Inventory tax
- No transaction tax from the sales of aircraft, services, storage, or parts
- No tax on sales of pilot or flight support training
- Technology jobs tax credit
- Manufacturing investment tax credit
- 55% tax reduction from the sales of fuel for jet and turboprop engines
- 5000 fenced acres to accommodate 800 large aircraft
- 1200 acres adjacent to the west side of runway for development
- Free overnight aircraft parking, aircraft tie down, and long and short term vehicle parking
- 24-hour Fire Department with Index B capabilities and EMS on site
- Full FBO services
- Rental Car Facilities