Façade Improvement Matching Grant Program
Considered by the Roswell-Chaves County Economic Development Corporation (RCCEDC) Finance
Committee and approved by the RCCEDC Executive Committee, the Chaves County Façade Improvement
Matching Grant Program provides matching grants in the form of a reimbursement up to five thousand
dollars ($5,000) depending on funds availability for eligible improvements to facades. Participants are
eligible for up to one (1) grant in a twelve (12) month period from completion of previous grant.
• The business must be a “Supporter” level member or above, in good standing of the Roswell- Chaves County Economic Development Corporation.
• Must be used towards an existing business building located in Chaves County.
• Improvements must comply with all applicable state and local code requirements.
• Eligible Façade Improvements shall not begin before the application is considered by RCCEDC
Finance Committee and approved by the RCCEDC Executive Committee.
• Improvements must be on the exterior and visible to the public (street, parking area, or public park).
• Buildings with multiple tenants are eligible for one (1) grant in a twelve (12) month period from
completion of previous grant.
• Buildings also being utilized as a residence (mixed-use) are not eligible for this program
Eligible improvements include (but are not limited to):
• Façade facelift: Painting, trim work, cladding
• New or enhanced attached signage and/or awnings
• New storefronts
• Window replacement and window framing
Ineligible improvements include (but are not limited to):
• Interior improvements
• Any facades not visible to the public (street, parking area, or public park)
• Roof repairs; structural building repairs
• New buildings or new building additions other than exterior additions such as porches and entry
• Plantings or landscaping
• Outdoor furnishings
Click on the link below to get the application & see additional information on the grant