July 28, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Donna Oracion, 575-624-7403
ENMU-ROSWELL RECEIVES NEW MEXICO OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell has received a $400-thousand allocation to award the New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship to eligible students. The Opportunity Scholarship Program provides financial aid assistance to cover unmet tuition and fee costs for students enrolled in 2-year programs, including credit-bearing certificate or associate degree programs, in public higher education institutions. The first scholarships will be awarded this fall semester.
Students do not need to apply for the scholarship. ENMU-Roswell’s Financial Aid staff will identify eligible students and award those students as part of their financial aid packages.
To be eligible, students must meet this criteria:
- Adults (Age 18 or older) or eligible for the NM Lottery Scholarship
- A NM resident
- Enrolled in a 2-year program (or less) – this includes credit bearing certificates of 2 years or less
- Enrolled for 12 credit hours or more
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher beginning with their first semester receiving the Opportunity Scholarship
- Demonstrate need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or another form of income verification
For additional information, contact the ENMU-Roswell Financial Aid office at 575-624-7400 or Financial.email@example.com