Announcing a Ground-breaking Event for the Roswell-Chaves County Solar Project:
Thanks to the hard work and support of both Chaves County and the Roswell Independent School District in their approvals for funding and permitting, work will begin on the construction of what will be the largest Solar Energy Facility in the entire State.
Construction of this 1300 acre solar panel array will take nearly a year and create hundreds of jobs with worker’s pumping new money into our local economy. The power purchase agreements between XCEL Energy and NextEra Energy will benefit both companies and electric consumers alike.
Date: Thursday, November 19 (this Thursday) Place: 445 Wrangler Rd. (look for construction trailers) Time: 1 pm
The following dignitaries will be provided “Golden Shovels” and are invited to the podium to speak about the project as desired:
- Commissioner Robert Corn
- Commissioner Smiley Wooten
- Commissioner Will Cavin
- Commissioner Kim Chesser
- RISD School Board President Dr. Peggy Brewer
- PRC Commissioner Patrick H. Lyons
- Mr. Jim Shandalov; Executive Director, NextEra Energy
- Mr. Mike McLeod; Regional Manager, XCEL Energy
- Mr. Britt Donaldson; Vice Chairman, Roswell-Chaves County EDC
Please come and help launch this significant $290M Project.