The successful candidate will:
- assist management with general secretarial duties including letter writing, copies, filing, etc.
- processing A/R and A/P transactions in proprietary software while maintaining required documentation
- coordinate supplies and maintenance for remote locations
- greet visitors, answer calls, route calls
- communicate with remotely located staff and partners
- assist with setting up meetings and conference calls
- perform other duties as required
Required qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic word processing and spreadsheets (ie Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Attentive to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
Additional highly-desired qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an office environment
- Some college courses
- knowledge of current accounting principles including accounting or business post-secondary courses
Who We Are:
- The EAWDB oversees the operation of the NM Workforce Connection Centers in the 12 counties comprising the eastern area of New Mexico. Along with overseeing 7 offices, the board and its staff provides policy development and program guidance for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- In your role as a secretarial/financial clerk, you will support the board and its staff in its mission to identify workforce needs and opportunities and guide the development of training programs and services to meet those needs. Additionally, the EAWDB is committed to attracting more businesses, higher wages and employment opportunities in the eastern area through the enhancement and development of partnerships with private sector business leaders, community organizations, government partners, and economic development agencies.
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting pay will be $12-15/hour DOE. The EAWDB offers its employees generous benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance; paid personal leave; and paid state holidays.
Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.