Roswell –Chaves County Economic Development Corporation
P.O. Box 849
Roswell, New Mexico 88202
Job Posted Start Date: May 22, 2019
Job Posted End Date: Until filled
Position: President RCCEDC
This is a professional position in which the President of the RCCEDC plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the recruitment, retention, and expansion programs and projects for the Roswell-Chaves County EDC. The President reports to the EDC Board of Directors and works together with the Board of Directors to establish the organization goals, objectives, strategies, and priorities in alignment with the City of Roswell and the Chaves County Commission; prepares, administers, and directs annual department budget and programs. It is the responsibility of the President to prepare reports and make presentations to various public and private groups. Additionally, the President cultivates and maintains working relationships with State agencies, Federal elected officials and staff, State elected/appointed officials and staff, and regional and statewide economic development organizations.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university with major course work in public or business administration, planning, economic development, or closely related field and five (5) years of responsible professional experience in economic development or related activities; or any combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. The President’s position will demand: compelling leadership; strategic vision; the ability to create excitement and momentum across a diverse stakeholder group; outstanding communication skills; and be a consensus builder.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and directs Economic Development activities to expand existing businesses, start new businesses, and encourage creation of jobs.
- Develop plans to attract and create primary jobs and enhance business atmosphere to retain existing businesses.
- Manages the Economic Development programs and activities; provides leadership, direction, and guidance in Economic Development programs and issues; assists in developing priorities for infrastructure improvement projects; coordinates programs with local, State, Federal, and regional agencies.
- Manages staff and assigns tasks and projects; reviews/monitors work in progress in order to anticipate technical issues; develops staff skills and conducts performance evaluations; meets with staff to discuss and resolve priorities and workload issues.
- Represents the Economic Development program to elected officials, boards and commissions, and outside agencies.
- Requires travel and productive attendance at trade shows and conferences. Works effectively with site selectors and others representing businesses with relocation needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required and is required to be domiciled in Chaves County.
Submit Application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention – Selection Search Chairperson, Bud Kunkel.